A knowledgeable Sacramento auto accident attorney knows that victims injured in automobile accidents often have trouble collecting compensation from insurance companies or negligent parties because they failed to help themselves with appropriate actions. If you or someone you love has been injured in auto accident in the Sacramento area, contact our Sacramento auto accident lawyers today.
What to do after you have an auto accident
After an auto accident, people should take the following steps to protect their rights to financial damages:
- Be safe – If the accident is not serious, the drivers should move their cars to the side of the road and out of traffic. Otherwise, they are at risk for additional accidents. If you cannot move your car, make sure that other drivers can identify that your vehicle is disabled. Turn your flashers on and use flares if available.
- Seek medical attention – If you or your passengers are injured, go see a doctor immediately. Not only is this critical for health reasons, but the insurance company can use any delay in treatment to argue that you were not injured in the accident.
- Stay at the scene – You should remain at the scene of the accident until a police officer tells you otherwise. Make sure that the officer has your version of events on record.
- Exchange information – Collect the following information from the other drivers: name, address, contact information, insurance company, policy numbers, license numbers, and license plate numbers. You should also get the information for the owner of the car if that person is not the driver. In addition, you need the phone numbers and names of anyone who witnessed the accident. This information will help your Sacramento automobile accident lawyers build your case.
- Photograph the accident – Use a cell phone to take photos of the damage, positions of the vehicles, and any other details that might assist your Sacramento automobile accident attorney obtain compensation for your losses.
Speak to a Sacramento automobile accident lawyer immediately
If the insurance company resists paying claims or you do not understand your rights, seek the advice of a qualified Sacramento auto accident lawyer. Whether you are in need of a California truck accident attorney or a car accident lawyer, the automobile accident attorneys of the Otus Law Group have proudly helped thousands of clients with dependable professionalism and expertise. The firm tells injury victims what they need to know and what insurance companies are reluctant to tell them.
An automobile accident lawyer can protect drivers from making small mistakes that can jeopardize their right to recover damages. To make sure all our clients receive the protection they deserve, the Sacramento automobile accident attorneys of the Otus Law Group offer free initial consultations to discuss the strength of your case.
Contact our Sacramento auto accident attorneys today
The Otus Law Group has offices conveniently located in Sacramento San Francisco, San Jose, Burlingame, & Roseville. Contact a Sacramento auto accident attorney or Bay Area car accident lawyerfrom the Otus Law Group. Call us today at 800-348-2777.