The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission has stated that due to a fire hazard, a microwave popcorn maker has been recalled after it was noted that the product could overheat and cause the product to ignite, increasing the risk of fire.
According to a series of news agencies, the microwave popcorn makers should not be used anymore. Consumers with the recalled items should contact Avon to ask for an updated set of instructions in order to prevent the product from cooking for too long. According to he federal agency, the products were linked to at least 20 reports of incidents associated with the popcorn makers overheating. The agency stated that at least two incidents ended up involving fires, which resulted in property damage.
You can learn more about this recall by following this link.