top of page

Otus Law Group


If you’ve been involved in a car accident in California, we know you’re going through a difficult time. You’re dealing with physical healing, property damage repair, and might even have to figure out how to get to work.


Taxi in Paris

On top of that, you have to figure out whether you can get compensated for your personal and property damage. You might find yourself unsure about who needs to be held responsible, what amount is fair, and how you even start the process. It’s a lot … and Otus Law Group Trial Attorneys are here to make the whole process easier by advocating for those injured in car accidents to ensure that you receive all of the compensation you deserve, and we’re the best at it.

When you have been injured in a car accident in the state of California you have the right to sue the responsible party for damages. However, you only have two years after the accident to act on your right to sue (or settle with an insurance company without going to court). This two year time limit is exactly why it is important to have a car accident lawyer working for you, to expedite the process as much as possible.

Thousands of individuals are involved in car accidents in the state of California each year, but that doesn’t mean you should be forgotten. With Otus Law Firm, you have absolutely nothing to lose. In fact, we won’t charge you anything unless you win your case. If you or a loved one has suffered a personal injury in a car accident, you may be entitled to significant compensation.

Serving every day drivers all across the state of California. Our experienced car accident attorneys have a well-earned reputation for being dedicated advocates for the injured. Our mission is to hold negligent drivers accountable and to keep the roads and highways safe for everyone. 

When Does a California Car Accident Have to Be Reported to the Police?
Drivers in California are required to stop at the scene of all crashes, and must fulfill certain other requirements. For example:

  • Drivers must move their vehicles off the street or highway after a crash if no one is injured or killed

  • Drivers must pull over and stop if they kill or injure animals

  • Drivers who hit parked cars must try to find the owner or must leave a note with their contact details. The collision should be reported to the police or the California Highway Patrol.

  • Drivers must report a collision in writing to the police or the California Highway Patrol if anyone is hurt or killed and the police aren’t present at the crash scene. If drivers cannot physically file a report, others who were in the vehicle should make the report.

  • Drivers must complete the Report of Traffic Accident Occurring in California (SR 1) form and submit it to the DMV within 10 days of an accident if more than $1,000 in property damage occurred in the crash, if anyone was hurt (even slightly) or if anyone was killed

Otus Law Group California

bottom of page